Taking The Integrated Approach means:
Oftentimes people think of the muzzle as a negative training tool. I think of it as a blessing. The muzzle is typically used in conjunction with other training equipment, but it offers a safety feature that no other tool does: it gives us the ability to manage and retrain dogs in certain situations.
Right Application – The muzzle allows us to venture into the following activities safely:
- Introducing a dog that could react aggressively to another dog.
- Working toward restoring a relationship between two dogs living in the same household, that have gotten into a fight.
- Grooming or trimming the nails of an aggressive dog while you desensitize them to the procedure.
- Taking a reactive dog into public situations.
- Inviting company over with a dog that may be unpredictable.
- Allowing an extremely mouthy teething puppy to socialize around small children or elderly people with fragile skin for brief periods of time.
Note: The muzzle is not the only solution, but it can be integrated into your approach. In all of the scenarios mentioned above, the dog is wearing a muzzle with a person present.
Copyright 2019 DogTrainingEquipment-com - All rights reserved. All photos and content on DogTrainingEquipment.com are part of a registered copyright owned by DogTrainingEquipment-com, LLC.